Mississauga Muslim Community Center (MMCC) was established in Mississauga Toronto in 2007. The building was purchased from the Sikh community, running a Gurudwara here. After buying it, the building was converted to the mosque with the intention of imparting religious education to our children. Over time the activities of the organization have expanded into a full service religious organization catering to all ages. These activities encompass regular daily prayers, Friday congregational and other special prayers like Taraweeh and Eid. Weekend school and adult educational classes form an important aspect of the MMCC.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- A place of worship
- A center of peace, knowledge & wisdom
- A mission of harmony, tolerance & patience
- A message of love for mankind
- A struggle against illiteracy
- A symbol of unity of Muslim Ummah
- A sign of true teaching of Islam
Mississauga Muslim Community Center (MMCC) is providing facilities for regular and special prayers, religious and language education for all age groups, social and religious interaction and outreach programs with other Faith groups and other social / community organizations.
The MMCC draws its guidance from the Noble Qur’an and the Sunnah. MMCC is dedicated to the advancement of Muslims and society at large. Our goals are:
- helping Muslims fortify their faith and moral conduct
- helping the Muslim community lead a strong and productive family life
- helping the Muslim community contribute to the advancements in Mississauga
“Who of you will lend Allah a goodly loan which He will return manifold? For Allah has the power of both to decrease and increase and to Him you will be returned.” (Qur’an 2:245)